Search This Blog

Sunday 6 May 2012

Wrestlemania XXVIII Review


Wrestlemania XXVIII review : Once in a Lifetime

Started off with a great rendition of America the Beautiful by Lilian Garcia . Why doesn't she just do it every year ? She does it so much better every year than anyone else .

Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus
I was totally shocked and disappointed by this match . I was expecting those guys to go out there and give it the best they've ever given , but sadly weren't allowed . Saying that however , this is probably the best 18 second match you will ever see . 1/4*

Randy Orton vs Kane 
I wasn't expecting this match to be very good ,but i have to admit that they exceeded my expectations . Good match with Kane picking a very surprising victory . Looks like its the night of surprises here . **3/4

Big Show vs Cody Rhodes
This match was how I expected it to be : short with good action throughout . Big Show picks up the win to become the latest (and biggest) grand slam champion in the wwe . **

Kelly Kelly & Maria Menounos vs Beth Phoenix & Eve
This match was surprisingly good and long . Got to give Maria credit for going out there with broken ribs and still putting on a performance . Too bad Beth had to get pinned though . **

Undertaker vs Triple H : Hell in a Cell
I'm probably overrating this match but I dont care . I watched Wrestlemania with a few friends this year , and when this match was over , we were all hugging each other after what we had just witnessed . Some weren't even wrestling fans ! Unbelievable match with amazing storytelling from all three guys . Shawn Michaels deserves and Oscar for his performance. I truly thought the match was over after the DX special. The aftermath of the match was great with all three guys hugging each other to signify that it was indeed the end of an era . Classic . Taker goes an amazing 20-0 after a tombstone . *****

Team Teddy vs Team Johnny 
Its a shame this match was put after the Hell in a Cell because nothing was going to follow it . Ok match but the crowd was dead for it . I also feel bad for Zack Ryder who has been treated like crap for months now. It's not all bad news though , as Team Johnny picks up the victory ! **1/2

CM Punk vs Chris Jericho
The match started off a bit slow but Jericho's heel antics trying to get disqualified were awesome and kept it going . Great finishing sequence where no one knew what was going to happen . This gets better with every viewing . Punk retains with the anaconda vice . A modern Wrestlemania classic . ****

Shouldn't MGK be called the Anorexics? My god eat some meat or something people ! ( Sorry Bryan). Their performance seemed dubbed to me but i dont know if that's how music is nowadays ( even though i'm 17) . Flo Rida's performance was ok but I'm a rocknroll fan so i didn't really bother with it . Great video package for this dream match .

John Cena vs The Rock : Once in a Lifetime 
I've seen many different opinions on this match . Some think its good , some disappointing , and some think its a classic . Time for me to give my opinion on it . Really similar to the Rock/Hogan match ten years before . The match is slow to start but the last 10-15 mins or so is just golden . I was really surprised with The Rock winning the match . I was so sure that Cena was going to pick up the victory . Due to the atmosphere , the match itself , and how much of a big deal it was . I'll call it a classic . The biggest match in Wrestlemania history and also one of the best . And now also one of the most underrated . ****1/2

Definitely watch this event . There's something for everyone . Short matches, long matches , dream matches , brutal matches , technical classics , its all here at the Grandest Stage of them all . Wrestlemania .

I'll give it 9/10 , got to be in the top ten Wrestlemania's of all time . 

No comments:

Post a Comment