Search This Blog

Monday 15 June 2015

Money in the Bank 2015




Money in the Bank 2015 Review



To start off the show, the entire roster comes out for ten rings of the bell in honour of Dusty Rhodes. I was tearing up here and you can just see how much respect everyone had for the American Dream, especially the guys and girls from NXT. RIP Dusty.



Time for a ladder match!


Roman Reigns vs Sheamus vs Kane vs Neville vs Randy Orton vs Dolph Ziggler vs Kofi Kingston: Money in the Bank
The MITB match is almost always the perfect way to kick off any show and this one was no exception. Ziggler is one more piece of 80s clothing away from becoming Patrick Swayze. I've heard a lot of people complain that there weren't really any big spots like there usually is, but I'm personally glad they're keeping the wrestlers safe, especially with all the recent injuries we've been hearing about. I think everyone and their dog thought Reigns was winning this, but surprisingly he lost yet another big match, but this one thanks to Bray Wyatt in an upcoming feud I look forward to seeing. Sheamus ended up winning the thing and I look forward to seeing what he does with the case in the future. Overall this was a fun match that kept things simple and it worked out in the end. Great start, ***3/4



Paige vs Nikki Bella
The Divas Title is on the line. It feels like these two have been feuding for ages. I was really surprised by this match, and it's the first time I'll say I agree with some people that Nikki has really improved in the ring. This match got around eleven minutes which is long for a divas match, but this was entertaining all the way through. I even liked the Rampaige nearfall towards the end. Don't get me wrong, the twin magic stuff was still stupid and the referee looked like an idiot because of it, but this was a damn good back and forth match up until that point. Good stuff from the divas. ***



Ryback vs The Big Show
The IC Title is on the line. What the hell happened here? I was looking forward to a fun power match and they ended it like that? The five minutes of action we got was actually pretty damn good and I was enjoying it until they blew it with an awful DQ finish that would even look embarrassing on Raw. Just a total forgettable fail here. *



John Cena vs Kevin Owens
Why isn't Owens World Champion yet? Seriously why isn't he? This match was just amazing and judging by everyone else's reaction, I'm definitely not the only that thinks so. I thought this was going to be an exact carbon copy of their match at the Chamber show, but they changed up almost every aspect of it. Owens going for the five moves of doom was just spectacular and he just looked like a total star the entire time he was in there. I know a lot of people are pissed that Cena won, but it took him everything he had to take out Owens and Owens still got the bigger win in my opinion. The stuff after the match was just the icing on the most delicious cake with Owens being a total dick and taking out Cena with the apron powerbomb and just laughing at him. Amazing stuff and this is my new Match of the Year and I don't see it being beaten anytime soon. Just fantastic pro wrestling. *****



The New Day vs The Prime Time Players
The Tag Titles are on the line. Now this one really confused me. I thought New Day were going to stay the champs up until SummerSlam until the Lucha Dragons take the titles from them. That could still happen as I don't see the PTPs being the champions for long. It was nice they finally achieved a title reign, it's just a shame it happened in a slightly dull and heatless match. Still it wasn't bad and New Day was awesome as usual. **



Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose: Ladder Match
The WWE World Championship is on the line. It feels like this match has been built up for a year and that's awesome. There is a lot I loved about this match. I loved that there was not one single bit of Authority interference which felt so refreshing. I loved how great Ambrose was made to look. He took so many brutal powerbombs at the end and he still managed to get up and attempt to stop Rollins. I didn't like the fact that he sometimes no sold his leg injury but at least he went back to it some of the time. Rollins finally looked like a true champion that could do things on his own without any help which I loved. Just a great match that didn't need to be a spotfest and instead felt like a war. Ambrose said Rollins would have to kill him to beat him and that was almost true. Awesome match and a great main event for the show. ****



8.5/10 Great show here and one of the best of the year so far. I was only looking forward to the three main matches, and all three of those delivered with Owens/Cena going way over my expectations. This show is worth seeing for this match alone and there's still more enjoyment to be had with a good divas match and a decent Tag Title match. Only the IC match lets things down, but that's only about five minutes long anyway. Great show worth checking out.

3 comments:

  1. Great review man I didn't think about watching this show before this review but now thanks to this review I may just have to check it out, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot! I appreciate the kind words. It's been a long time since I've actually reviewed anything. I reviewed for a wrestling site for a while and it put me off. I may have to get back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot! I appreciate the kind words. It's been a long time since I've actually reviewed anything. I reviewed for a wrestling site for a while and it put me off. I may have to get back into it.

    ReplyDelete