Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 October 2012

Bound for Glory 2012 Review







Bound for Glory 2012 Review : Epic Street Fight



I haven't watched TNA for quite a while , so I won't really have any information on it .




Rob Van Dam vs Zema Ion
X-Division title was on the line here . You can always count on RVD to start the night off well . The match was pretty good , but I thought it ended quite abruptly . RVD becomes the new champion after hitting a five star frog splash . **1/2



Samoa Joe vs Magnus
TV title up for grabs . During this match , the fans started the chant of  ' This is awesome ' ( which seemed to last the whole night ) . I wouldn't go that far , but the match did start getting exciting towards the finish . The finish was pretty awesome , as Joe retains with a rear naked choke . **3/4



James Storm vs Bobby Roode : Street Fight
King Mo was the special enforcer here . Since the match went on third , I wasn't expecting it to be great . Boy was I wrong . This ended being the highlight of the show with brutality such as thumb tacks and some surprising kickouts . Storm bled pretty badly . Storm won with a second superkick to Roode . ****1/2 . Match of the Night



Joey Ryan vs Al Snow
If Joey won this match , he would get a TNA contract . I wasn't expecting this to be good , but it wasn't that bad . It was a pretty basic matchup . And yes , I did love it when Snow brought Head back out . Matt Morgan interferes to give Ryan the win . *3/4



AJ Styles/Kurt Angle vs Chavo Guerrero/Hernandez vs Kazarian/Christopher Daniels
Tag titles on the line . I wasn't expecting Chavo and Hernandez to win this one but they did and looked good doing it . I didn't know how the match would turn out with six guys in there , but it ended up being fantastic . Absolutely loved this match . Chavo gets the pin with a frog splash . ****1/4



Tara vs Miss Tessmacher
I've said it before and I'll say it again : WWE take notes ! Pretty solid match for the Knockouts title . Tara wins with the widows peak . **



Aces & Eights vs Sting & Bully Ray : No DQ
If A&E won , then they would be allowed access to TNA , and if Sting or Bully got the win , then A&E would leave . I wasn't sure how this one would end up , but I thought it was pretty entertaining . A&E won after putting Bully through a table . **3/4 . After the match , a member of the A&E is revealed as Devon Dudley .



Jeff Hardy vs Austin Aries
Now this match for the TNA World Championship , was the one I was looking forward to the most . While it didn't end up being the best of the night , it was still an excellent match . Jeff winning the World title was really surprising to me . I kinda wish Aries had won though . Jeff pins Aries after hitting him with a swanton bomb . ****




9/10 . TNA have really been on a role and I am definitely gonna start watching again . Three fantastic matches here and nothing was terrible , with the worst match still being entertaining .

No comments:

Post a Comment