Search This Blog

Monday 17 December 2012

TLC 2012 Review





TLC 2012 Review : Ziggler Finally on Top



Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara vs Team Rhodes Scholars : Tables Match
I wasn't sure how good this one would be , since table matches have never really been classics , but it surprised me . It ended up being really good , and was quite hard to predict given that either team having a win would make sense . Cody wins a title match for the team after pushing Sin Cara from the top of the rope and through a table . ***



Antonio Cesaro vs R-Truth 
I wasn't looking forward to this one after their match at Survivor Series , but I ended up enjoying it . Definitely better than the SS match but it felt like they were building to something and then it ended abruptly with Cesaro hitting the neutralizer and retaining the title . **1/4

MizTV somehow gets a segment on PPV . 3MB are the guests . The only thing stopping this from being pointless is a potential Del Rio face turn . The match later on would be pointless too .

Kofi Kingston vs Wade Barrett
This was a hard one to predict . Before the match I thought that Barrett would get the win and become champ . I even thought he was gonna hit his big elbow , but Kofi managed to hit the trouble in paradise and retain the title . Good , unpredictable match . ***



Ryback & Team Hell No vs The Shield : TLC Match
Wow , what an absolutely fantastic match this was . This was 20 minutes of great , non-stop action . Before the match , I was worried  that WWE would make the Shield lose and look bad in the defeat . They didn't and looked brilliant throughout the match . There were a lot of great spots as well , like Seth Rollins going through about 2 or 3 tables off a ladder . Shield win after powerbombing Daniel Bryan through a table from the top rope . Easily match of the night and a MOTYC . ****1/2



Eve vs Naomi
This was pretty interesting , given that Naomi was a fresh new opponent and she did impress me for all three minutes . Way too short , Naomi should have been given a chance to show off but wasn't given that chance . Eve hits a swinging neckbreaker to win . 1/2*



Sheamus vs Big Show : Chairs Match
I was looking forward to this one , after the two surprisingly good matches they had at the previous two PPVs . I would say this wasn't as good as their match at HIAC , but better than the Survivor Series match . It was also another surprise win , as Big Show was able to retain after hitting Sheamus with the biggest steel chair I've ever seen . I was sure Sheamus would win the title back . Good match . ***1/4



Miz / Alberto Del Rio/Brooklyn Brawler vs 3MB
I really did not enjoy this . 3MB had to lose their momentum for this ? Plus Miz and Del Rio really don't look comfortable in the face zone . Brawler puts Jinder Mahal into the boston crab for the submission win . Meh . 3/4*


John Cena vs Dolph Ziggler : Ladder Match
If I'm not mistaken , this is Ziggler's first singles match in the main event of a PPV . This match was awesome and I was really worried that Cena was going to win the briefcase . Thankfully it never happened . I have to admit , Cena's hurricarana was awesome . Ziggler wins the briefcase after AJ pushes Cena off the ladder and Ziggler superkicks him . Nice to see Ziggler getting a big win to end a show . ****



8/10 . I was really worried that I was going to regret buying this show , but I needn't have worried , it was awesome . Easily the best PPV since Extreme Rules . The stuff that sucked was really short , so they could be forgotten easily . Watch this show !

No comments:

Post a Comment