Search This Blog

Friday 18 January 2013

Summerslam 2004 Review




Summerslam 2004 Review : The Viper Rises


Ah my very first Summerslam . I haven't seen it for years , but I still have memories of it being fucking awesome . Lets hope I still have the same feelings for it .



Rey Mysterio / Billy Kidman / Paul London vs The Dudleyz
This was just after Spike had turned heel , and into ' The Boss' which I never understood seeing as he was so damn small compared to the other Dudleys . Very entertaining match while it lasted as the 3D finishes Billy Kidman to give the Dudleys the win . **3/4



Kane vs Matt Hardy
The winner of this match would marry Lita . I guess hindsight is 20/20 eh Matt old boy ? Anyway the match wasn't too bad and was kept short . Kane , surprisingly , didn't get a lot of offense in until the finish with the chokeslam from the top rope to give Kane the win . **



John Cena vs Booker T
The first match in their best of five series for the US Title that would end up pointless , as Cena won the series and then lost it the very next week . These guys didn't have good matches and this is another . Their best was probably the No Mercy match . Cena hits the FU for the victory . *1/4



Edge vs Batista vs Chris Jericho
IC Title is on the line . If this match had taken place in either 2008 or 2009 , it would have been a pretty big match , and I'm sure it would've been for a World Championship . Surprisingly , Edge barely got a reaction even though he was in his hometown . Good triple threat as Edge retains . **3/4



Eddie Guerrero vs Kurt Angle
Here we have a Wrestlemania rematch , that seems to happen a lot at Summerslam . Their match at Mania was awesome . I've seen reviews saying this is a three star match , but I remember it a lot differently . It was a nice change with the big moves hitting early on . Great match as Eddie taps to the ankle lock . ***1/2



Triple H vs Eugene
I absolutely loved this match as a kid , but I have a feeling that I'll see it a bit differently now . Eugene cost HHH the World Title a couple of times which led to this match . Unique style of match here . I still enjoy it . HHH hits the pedigree to beat Eugene . ***1/4


I am seriously not even going to consider the Diva Dodgeball to be a real match . Fucking dreadful .



Undertaker vs JBL
For the WWE Championship . I loved the way this feud started , just with Taker coming out ,chokeslamming JBL , and saying 'You , me , Summerslam' . Awesome . The fans doing the wave were fucking hilarious . Match wasn't too shabby . Match ends in DQ as the ref catches Taker using the belt . **1/2



Randy Orton vs Chris Benoit 
This match really should have been on Orton's DVD set . I remember thinking that Orton had no chance in this match . Boy was I wrong . Benoit's suicide dive was scary to watch . Awesome match and easily the best of the night . Orton hits the RKO to win his first World Championship . ****



6.5/10 .  Good Summerslam , but not as good as I remembered . Orton/Benoit is a must-see and there were other good matches that aren't available on other DVD sets .

No comments:

Post a Comment