Search This Blog

Tuesday 4 February 2014

Youtube Compilation #1





Youtube Matches Compilation  #1



I have no idea as to why I didn't think of this sooner. I'm gonna start this series of reviews using matches on Youtube. There are a lot of matches over the past couple of years that I have wanted to review, but wasn't able to because I didn't know where to find them (mostly Benoit matches). Well with me being an idiot I didn't think to use Youtube. These are all of my selections, but you guys can request any match, and if it's on Youtube or I have it on DVD, then I'll review it for you. So lets begin with a match I have wanted to do for so long, and it features four of the Smackdown Six. Enjoy!



By the way I'll also post the links to these matches in case you want to watch them yourself.




Edge & Rey Mysterio vs Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit
From No Mercy 2002 and the newly made Smackdown Tag Titles are on the line. Their prestige didn't last that long. I haven't seen this match for almost ten years, so I've been aching to watch it again to see why it was so popular, and it's not hard to see why. This was an amazing contest, and is probably the best tag match I've ever seen. This one was filled with action from start to finish, with the final ten minutes being especially exciting. From awesome double team moves to close nearfalls, this one had just about everything you need for an awesome match. *****


Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnQLDvzhOgM



Bryan Danielson vs Claudio Castagnoli
From ROH Northern Navigation 25/7/08. Claudio is currently known as Antonio Cesaro, and we all know who Bryan Danielson is. I was looking for their match from earlier this year in the Gauntlet match, but I couldn't find it and came across this instead. I didn't realise that Claudio used the big swing, as I thought he had only came up with that recently. This was one hell of a technical contest that just built and built as it went on. This one showed me just how much WWE is holding Cesaro back, as he has a ton of talent that we are not allowed to see. Check this one out! ****



Link for the match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG2B_-RUl2w




CM Punk vs Chris Jericho
From Raw February 4th 2013. I thought this one might have been on the Best of Smackdown and Raw 2013 set, but unfortunately it wasn't added. Luckily we have Youtube! This was a Raw Active match, and I think Rey Mysterio and Randy Orton were the other choices. I love these two as opponents and this was another great one. The crowd didn't seem interested at first and chanted that the match was overrated, but Punk made sure to scold them for it. A great back and forth match while it lasted for sure. ***1/2



Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12zn8il-u6g




Sami Zayn vs Antonio Cesaro : 2 out of 3 Falls
From NXT August 21st 2013. This is one I've been wanting to watch for a while, because a lot of people said that it was a definite Match of the Year candidate, and I've got to say that this was one hell of a match. I wouldn't say that it's a MOTYC, but it was still awesome. This one just built to a fantastic finish, and there was a lot of great innovative offense used here. I think I need to start watching NXT more often after this. ***3/4


Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JwCJmmaPkw




Bryan Danielson vs Tyler Black
From ROH Southern Navigation May 9th 2008. Tyler Black is of course now known as Seth Rollins. I was looking for their WWE match from June this year since that isn't on the Best of Smackdown and Raw set as well, but I found this instead. This was a great bout, filled with a nice mix of technical wrestling and high flying. They definitely had chemistry that still shows to this day. ***3/4



Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhywAx6jy4I




John Cena vs CM Punk 
From Raw February 25th 2013. Winner faces The Rock at Wrestlemania. I've been wanting to rate this one for almost a year. Until Summerslam this was my Match of the Year for 2013, and I wanted to see if it still holds up. Well I can tell you that it most certainly does. These guys showed their amazing chemistry in front of an audience that was absolutely hot for it. MITB will always be their best match, but this comes scarily close to exceeding that match. Punk even broke out a freaking piledriver! I'll bet he got in trouble for that one. An absolutely stunning match with great nearfalls and fantastic action from start to finish. In my opinion this is the best match in Raw history. *****



Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGmgb19vv8M




That's all from this first part with future parts coming soon. Remember to request any matches you would like to see reviewed, or even just throw me a recommendation. You don't need to request good matches, you could request god awful matches like the Kennel from Hell (please don't request that one). Thanks for reading.




No comments:

Post a Comment