Search This Blog

Sunday 6 April 2014

Wrestlemania XXX





Wrestlemania XXX Review


Well this show seems to have split the fanbase down the middle. We have the usual people complaining about stuff and we have people that are happy about some of the stuff. What do I think of the show? Let's find out.



I got bad Mania 27 flashbacks when Hogan came out to start the show, but those fears were taken away by the appearance of both Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock. A definite fun opening to the show.


Daniel Bryan vs Triple H
Can I just mention how absolutely badass HHH's entrance was? His best yet. Seeing almost the entire arena erupt in Yes chants was a sight to behold. The match itself was awesome and delivered. The shoulder psychology was very well done and was used later on the night too which is cool. Everyone was worried that HHH would somehow bury Bryan again, but luckily he put the little goat over in grand fashion and got the show off to a fantastic start. Best Mania opener since Bret vs Owen. ****1/2



The Shield vs The New Age Outlaws & Kane
I'm glad that this one went really short because there's no way that the corporate side could keep up with the Shield. The Shield definitely deserved better opponents at Mania, but this was still a fun, energetic match while it lasted and made the Shield look good. *



Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal
I wasn't looking forward to this one too much because Battle Royals aren't usually that good, but this one surprised me. Once all the jobbers had been eliminated this turned into a very fun match. Cesaro slamming Big Show over the ropes to win was amazing and a Wrestlemania moment. Congrats to Cesaro. **



John Cena vs Bray Wyatt
The Wyatt Family's entrance was fantastic and will go down as one of the coolest entrances in WWE history. The match itself was great. Bray was brilliant in his role trying to corrupt Cena by making him burst out in anger. Bray's spider walk was creepy as hell and awesome beyond belief. Unfortunately, the finish was dumb with Cena getting the clean win and taking away all the heat from an up and coming star. Still at least it was a great match. ***1/2



Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar
Now this one's sure to open up a can of worms. I think it was awesome that WWE had the balls to do something so drastic and shocking. I still can't believe it actually happened and my heart dropped when the pin hit 3. It's a moment that is going to go down in Wrestlemania history for sure. The match itself was disappointing. It started slowly, but got much better once they started the submission holds. Is it a good booking decision? Only time will tell. ***1/4



Divas Invitational
I'll admit that I kinda missed the start of this due to the shock of the previous match, but my friends told me that I didn't really miss much. It was more entertaining than I thought it would be and I'm glad that AJ left with the Title. Not bad at all. *3/4



Daniel Bryan vs Batista vs Randy Orton
I wasn't sure how good this one was going to be due to an injured Bryan, but it was much better than I thought it was going to be. Bryan, of course, was the total star of the match. That announce table spot looked scary and Orton looked as if he really injured himself coming down on the monitor. The final few nearfalls were nail-biting and it genuinely felt like any one of the three could leave with the Title. A classic Wrestlemania main event and a classic moment with Bryan's rise to glory. ****1/2



9/10. I enjoyed the hell out of this Wrestlemania and I'd definitely put it as one of my favourites. Everything involving Bryan was amazing, the Battle Royal was a lot of fun, the six man tag was kept nicely short, the divas match wasn't terrible, Wyatt and Cena put on a great match, and we got a shocking and very memorable moment in the Undertaker match.





No comments:

Post a Comment